-->

[Finally Fixed] Blogger Duplicate Title and Meta Description Issue

fixing duplicate title tag and meta description

Duplicate title tag & meta description

In this tutorial I''ll show you how to fix duplicate content issue duplicate title tag and meta description. I am the owner of pakfunz, and very new to websites. After some days of publication of my website, Google webmaster tools shows duplicate title tag and meta description in HTML Improvements menu. I was wondered that how Google consider that issue and how to fix it?. After crawling many websites to search about this issue couldn't find any proper solution. One day I was searching about preferred domain settings at webmaster tools, I found a website where someone wrote that leaving this setting at default may cause duplicate content issue. I tried this and find improvements in duplicate content issue.

Why avoid duplicate content?

Any webmaster must avoid duplicate title tag and meta description issue because Google may ignore duplicate URL in search results. This thing will definitely effect SEO.


Method to fix duplicate content issue

  • Setting Preferred Domain

Setting preferred domain

  1. Login to Google Webmaster Tools then click on Settings Icon on right upper side and choose site settings
  2. Under preferred domain settings choose domain as default (example www.yoursite.com)
  3. This settings will not effect until you verify you other domain (for example you are setting preferred domain as www.yousite.com, you must add and verify yousite.com as new website to Google Webmaster Tools.)
If you are unable to go through any process you may ask me for help I will appreciate.